[ANN] Live type info for Squeak!
Hernan Wilkinson
2018-11-26 18:44:37 UTC
Hi,
I uploaded a Squeak5.2 image with live type info to
https://github.com/hernanwilkinson/Cuis-Smalltalk-DynamicTypeInformation
It is in the "image" directory. The VM is on the "VMs" directory (you can
use it with a regular VM but it will not store type info).

There is a workspace with some collaborations to try like looking the
"typed senders".
Also, the browser has an option to see the "typed source" in the "source"
button.

Sadly I did not have the time to implement typed sender/implementors when
browsing because a change in the encoder is needed. I neither had the type
to modify the rename method, but I think it is a nice start to see how it
works :-)

Cheers!
Hernan.
*Phone: +54 - 011 - *6091 - 3125

*Mobile: +54 - 911 - 4470 - 7207email:
***@10Pines.comsite: http://www.10Pines.com
<http://www.10pines.com/>*
Address: Alem 693, Floor 5 B, Buenos Aires, Argentina
David T. Lewis
2018-11-27 02:51:48 UTC
This is very impressive!

I downloaded the image and VM from the links below and ran it on my
Linux laptop without problems. I have only spent a few minutes with
it so far, but the examples in the workspaces are quite enlightening.

Dave
--
*Hern??n WilkinsonAgile Software Development, Teaching & Coaching*
*Phone: +54 - 011 - *6091 - 3125