[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Kernel-eem.1195.mcz
c***@source.squeak.org
0000-11-13 08:58:20 UTC
Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of Kernel to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Kernel-eem.1195.mcz

Name: Kernel-eem.1195
Author: eem
Time: 11 November 2018, 7:06:29.274108 pm
UUID: 4269620a-8eb7-4581-a65a-33bf2ea1aa10
Ancestors: Kernel-eem.1194

Eliminate a confusing shadowing in Context>>send:super:numArgs:

=============== Diff against Kernel-eem.1194 ===============

Item was changed:
----- Method: Context>>send:super:numArgs: (in category 'instruction decoding') -----
send: selector super: superFlag numArgs: numArgs
"Simulate the action of bytecodes that send a message with selector,
+ selector. The argument, superFlag, tells whether the receiver of the
+ message was specified with 'super' in the source method. The arguments
+ of the message are found in the top numArgs locations on the stack and
+ the receiver just below them."
- selector. The argument, superFlag, tells whether the receiver of the
- message was specified with 'super' in the source method. The arguments
- of the message are found in the top numArgs locations on the stack and
- the receiver just below them."

+ | thisReceiver arguments lookupClass |
- | receiver arguments lookupClass |
arguments := Array new: numArgs.
numArgs to: 1 by: -1 do: [ :i | arguments at: i put: self pop].
+ thisReceiver := self pop.
- receiver := self pop.
lookupClass := superFlag
ifTrue: [method methodClassAssociation value superclass]
+ ifFalse: [self objectClass: thisReceiver].
- ifFalse: [self objectClass: receiver].
QuickStep == self ifTrue:
[QuickStep := nil.
+ ^self quickSend: selector to: thisReceiver with: arguments lookupIn: lookupClass].
+ ^self send: selector to: thisReceiver with: arguments lookupIn: lookupClass!
- ^self quickSend: selector to: receiver with: arguments lookupIn: lookupClass].
- ^self send: selector to: receiver with: arguments lookupIn: lookupCl
Tobias Pape
2018-11-12 07:49:21 UTC
Hi all
Author: eem
[...]
Meta comment, nothing to do with he content here.
I would suggest we avoid mixing tabs and spaces for indentation.
That being said, I like the alignment there.
I think we actually should have electric tabstops…

http://nickgravgaard.com/elastic-tabstops/

best regards
-Tobias